Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bouncing back - Hope&Roilan Acro Hand to hand Performance

Like I said in the last post, the first few weeks were very rough and I was an emotional wreck which caused a lot of marital strain but my body is starting to level out. I made a promise to a client for a gig, I said I would have my strength back to perform at her event for autism awareness and fundraising. I am very proud to say that I accomplished that and Roilan and I did a grand performance. I must confess, performing made me feel more alive than I have felt in months. Roilan even used a hat and surprised me by not dropping it on my face :-) The video is at the end of this blog and I only made one mistake which is pretty awesome, and it was a timing mistake and not a big mistake for which I am grateful (when Roilan is on my back and I didn't go up because I couldn't feel his position... I must have lost focus temporarily, i usually never do that.
My sister Zina gave me a free Bikram Yoga pass for sugarhouse Bikram Yoga. That has helped leaps and bounds with my emotions, regulations etc. I find the routine extremely boring but at the same time it really makes me feel good so I keep going every day!
Roilan and I have also become Vegan... I know, scary right? I never saw that coming but I have felt really good and so has he since we started almost 2 weeks ago. Tonight I made a vegan spaghetti. I made the noodles out of zucchini with my veggeti spiral cutter, then I chopped eggplant and shitake mushrooms into a skillet and sautéed them. I also put tomatoes, onions, cilantro, olives and garlic into my new food processor and made a sauce and added it to the eggplant and shitake. Instead of parmesan I put hempseed on top.
I'm still working on trying to get my body back to my pre-pregnancy weight. It has been tough. My flexibility is coming back nicely though as well. I have been practicing contortion and hand balancing again but I really haven't gotten back into aerial. I have about 20lbs to lose before I am back where I started. I am not going to worry about it in the meantime. My body has been though so much and I am a brick house despite my extra fluff. I can't believe i can still do our act. I am very proud of myself after all that I have been through this last year. I thought I was going to give up but something deep inside of me that refuses and keeps pushing me along. I don't know how or for why, but I am grateful for that little fire.





No comments:

Post a Comment