Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Food Dye the Colors to DIE for

I'm to the point where I don't particularly want to eat anything that I didn't prepare myself... I hate reading through ingredients only to find some crazy name for something that I can't pronounce and to discover that the food is artificially dyed!! I bought Olives, I looked at several canned brands and ALL of them had artificial coloring and color preservatives... I looked up the particular ingredients and found that those ingredients are hazardous long term. I found one brand of olives that didn't have the fake dye or color preservative (only consisted of olives, water, and sea salt) and yes the olives were a brownish color and had a shorter shelf life but they tasted the same as the perfectly black ones that are packed full of chemicals... I am buying olives and don't expect to have more than 6 ingredients in one can of Olives!!

I checked out some tortillas that claimed to be more healthy and also spinach tortillas only to discover that Yellow #6 and Blue #1 were ingredients and spinach was not... Check out this chart to see what these colors can potentially do to you when eaten.... YEESH!

Colors to Die For
Source: Special-Education-Degree.net

No comments:

Post a Comment